SEDNA’s calendar integration involves the use of an Azure application to get access to your user's information. This allows us to synchronize data between Outlook and your SEDNA calendar.
SEDNA’s calendar Azure application name is: Sedna-Nylas-Calendar
In most organizations, admins have consent workflows for new applications which require all new applications to be reviewed before users can connect to them. The steps below outline the steps to approve our calendar application and allow your users to connect their Outlook calendar to their SEDNA calendar.
In order to connect to SEDNA a user must meet the following criteria:
1. Users must have a solo inbox
2. Be one of SEDNA's Pro or Enterprise plans.
Here are the steps to enable the SEDNA calendar application:
1. Open SEDNA and click on a message. Click on the new calendar panel located within context panel on the right-hand side of the message
2. Click the “Connect your calendar” button. (This will take you to an external website where you can enter your email and select your calendar provider.)
3. Users will require approval for SEDNA’s calendar application. Write a message here and select request approval
4. Once you have requested approval for your application, you will be prompted to return back to your app. Click this and it will return you to SEDNA. Here you will see an error message, this is expected as our application was not approved and we were unable to connect to your calendar.
5. Depending on your Azure consent flows, your Microsoft Azure Admins may have received the email requesting approval of the application.
This will look like the one below.
Click on the link to “Review Request”.
Alternatively, head to the Azure portal for your tenant and go to the following space. Azure Home >> Azure Active Directory >> Enterprise applications >> Admin consent requests.
6. You will be taken to the “Admin consent requests” page in Azure. Here you will see SEDNA’s calendar application “Sedna-Nylas-Calendar”. Click on this name to open the “Details” panel where you will see a “Review permissions and consent” button, click on this button.
7. On this new page click the “Accept” button to approve SEDNA’s calendar application, this will take you back to the Azure portal. This step enables SEDNA’s calendar for the current user, however, may not grant access to all other users in your tenant.
8. To enable the SEDNA calendar for all of your organization, you will need to grant Admin-wide consent for our application.
To do this, navigate to the following page in your Azure portal:
Azure Home >> Azure Active Directory >> Enterprise applications >> Sedna-Nylas-Calendar >> Permissions.
Click on the “Grant Admin consent for [your tenant name here]”.
9. Finally, review the permissions requested by SEDNA’s calendar application and click “Accept” to approve Admin-wide consent for the application.
All your SEDNA users, who meet the initial criteria mentioned above, should now be able to connect their Outlook calendar to their SEDNA calendar.
If you require assistance in approving and enabling SEDNA’s calendar for your tenant please contact firstname.lastname@example.org