The following information is intended for users who hold the IT Support role in SEDNA and covers basic user administration, including the resetting of passwords, changing of user roles, and assignment of users to teams.
NOTE: Tenants with Single Sign-On (SSO) configurations must have their SSO credentials reset via their company's IT Department. The below steps do not apply when SSO is enabled.
Accessing the "Manage Users" Module
1. Click on your user initials on the top-right of your screen
2. Click "Manage Users"
1. To reset the password of existing users, access the Manage Users screen, then click on the username of the user whose account you wish to modify.
2. Click "Change Password"
3. Enter the new password (min. 10 characters) twice and click Save.
Change a User's Role
For more information on SEDNA user roles, please refer to this article:
1. From the Manage Users screen, click on the user whose access you wish to change.
2. Click "Edit"
3. Scroll down to the Roles section and add/remove roles as required. The table below the Roles field provides an explanation of each user role. You can select the role you wish to add from the drop-down list or by typing the name of the role then selecting from the list.
If users require read-only access, only grant them the read-only role.
IMPORTANT: the effect of adding roles is cumulative. This means that for someone to be able to read and send messages as well as administer accounts, you must add both the Regular User and IT support roles.
Granting Users Access to Teams
1. Access the Manage Users section in SEDNA, as outlined above.
2. Click on the user whose account you wish to modify.
3. Scroll down to User Teams. Here, you have the option of granting users access to one, many, or all teams. Please ensure you select the correct Default team for the user in question.
4. SEDNA also allows you to specify whether messages are visible in New / In or if they go directly to Storage / Done. This latter option is useful for those who do not regularly access a particular mailbox and wish to use that particular mailbox for viewing or retrieving content only.