Multi-factor authentication (MFA) enhances document security for organizations by requiring an additional level of security during the login process. Organizations can activate MFA by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a a current SEDNA customer having issues with your MFA, please reach out to email@example.com.
What is MFA?
MFA is a security system that requires more than one method of authentication to verify the user’s identity during login. Authentication is the process of verifying that someone is who they say they are through the user's personal password and authentication application.
SEDNA recommends using Google Authenticator which provides a time-limited authentication code, used in addition to a user's password, to access SEDNA. You can download Google Authenticator on iOS here, and Android here.
MFA makes it more difficult for an unauthorized person to access an organization's network or database. If one factor is compromised or broken, the attacker would have an additional barrier to breach before successfully breaking into the target.
Once MFA is enabled for your SEDNA tenant, you can follow the process below to register for the first time and login to SEDNA on mobile or desktop.
Steps to Activate Google Authenticator - DESKTOP
Once you download Google Authenticator, click “Begin Setup” and “Scan barcode” to get started.
- Log into SEDNA in your web browser, point your phone at the barcode to acquire the Google Authenticator MFA information. Note: This is a sample barcode and is not intended to be scanned by SEDNA users.
- You will be presented with a 6 digit code on Google Authenticator to enter back into the form on the web browser.
Steps to Activate Google Authenticator - MOBILE iOS APP
- Copy the code presented by pressing and holding your finger on it, and pressing "copy".
- Instead of "Scan Barcode", select "Manual Entry".
- Give the account a name and paste in the code you have copied.