Bookmarks is a powerful feature held within the Search feature of SEDNA. Bookmarking specific searches allows you to recall messages that fit search terms that you frequently use. As an example, you're an Ops Manager and every day you search for "delay." Bookmarking "delay" will save you time as you get in in the morning you can select the Bookmark and the results are immediately returned.
Create a Bookmark
- In the Search Bar, type your commonly searched phrase and hit enter. The search term will appear to the right, with the option to delete (x) the term appearing when hovered over.
- Once you have the search phrase, you click on click the carat icon () beside Bookmarks and choose Save as New. Then you will see a field to enter the name of the Bookmark and click on the checkmark to save.
Bookmarks can be updated, renamed, or saved as an entirely new bookmark.
- After selecting a Bookmark from your existing list (), click the carat icon ().
- Select "Rename Bookmark" to give the chosen Bookmark a new name, or,
- After adding or removing tokens to the Bookmark's saved Search criteria, select:
a) "Update Bookmark" to overwrite the original Bookmark while keeping its name
b) "Rename Bookmark" to overwrite the original Bookmark and give it a new name
c) "Save as New" to create a new Bookmark that does not change the originally selected Bookmark
In the example above, the User selects the Has Comments in Ops or Chart Team Bookmark from the Bookmarks dropdown menu. This causes SEDNA to run a Search using the saved combination of Search tokens that comprise the Bookmark.
If the User wanted to rename the Bookmark, they could do so by choosing "Rename Bookmark" from the dropdown carat () next to the Bookmarks icon.
Instead, the user then adds "has:CategoryTag" to the Search, allowing them to now also select "Update Bookmark" or "Save As New", in addition to "Rename Bookmark".
1. Click on the Bookmarks icon () on the left side of the Search Bar.
Users can share their saved bookmarks with other users or entire teams. To learn more about sharing Bookmarks, see the article here.
1. With bookmarks selected click the trashcan icon () for the bookmark that you wish to delete.
2. Confirm bookmark deletion by clicking Delete.
SEDNA now provides the option for you to drag Bookmarks into whichever order you choose, so you can now see your most used Bookmarks at the top of the list. Simply click the four-dot icon () to drag and rearrange your Bookmark list.