In this article, you will learn how to add attachments to a Message. There are three methods available to add attachments when composing a Message.
- Clicking “Add from SEDNA” gives access to the full power of SEDNA search. This allows users to attach any and all documents they have access to in SEDNA. The user can search by text, subject line, to/from, as well as SEDNA data such as categories and job references.
- Clicking “Attach File” allows users to upload documents directly from your computer or mobile device.
- The "Drag-and-drop" method allows dragging and dropping files from your computer into the attachment area at the bottom of the compose area. Note: this feature is not available on mobile.
- Message size including file attachments is limited to 18MB in Compose to ensure the Message will not exceed 20MB and thus send successfully. In the event of an attachment exceeding 18MB please refer to the below section Large Attachments
- Previews are available for supported file types: PDF, EML, JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, XLSX, DOC, PPT and TIF (only on Safari as Chrome and Firefox don't support TIF)
Option 1: Add from SEDNA
- Click on Add from SEDNA at the bottom of the compose message pane.
- Search for the attachment, or message, from the side panel. You can search by text, person, category tag, etc. The full power of SEDNA search is at your fingertips.
- Highlight the attachment, or message, to add to the message.
- At the bottom of the side panel, click add as attachment or add as link.
Note: SEDNA allows users to preview message content in a separate, adjustable window as shown below.
To Add Messages in SEDNA as Links:
- Click Add from SEDNA at the bottom of the Compose Message pane.
- Click on the Messages tab.
- Select the messages by clicking the + sign next to the message.
- Click Add as link to the message.
- Note: Currently, Messages cannot be added as File Attachments.
Option 2: Attach File
- In the bottom of the Compose Message pane, click Attach File.
- Select the file from your device that you wish to attach and click Open.
- Once the Attached File has loaded, it will appear at the bottom of the Compose Message pane under the previously used Attach File icons.
Option 3: Drag-And-Drop
- Open a new Compose Message.
- Find the file you would like to attach and drag the icon on the Compose Message pane. Note: This can be done a number of ways. The example GIF below shows it being done from the desktop.
- Once the File has loaded, it will appear at the bottom of the Compose Message pane under the Add From SEDNA and Attach File icons.
SEDNA will automatically convert large file attachments into shareable links. When adding attachments that exceed the 18MB threshold, SEDNA will alert the user that the attachments will be converted to links. The user will then have the option to cancel and resize, or send as links.