SEDNA provides three methods to add attachments when composing a message.
- “Add from SEDNA” users have the full power of SEDNA search that allows them to quickly find and add any attachments or messages that they have access to in SEDNA. Users can search by text, subject line, to/from, as well as SEDNA data such as categories and job references.
- “Attach File” to upload documents directly from your computer or mobile device.
- Drag-and-drop files from your computer into the attachment area at the bottom of the compose area. (Not available on mobile)
Note: Message size including file attachments is limited to 18MB in Compose to ensure the message will not exceed 20MB and thus send successfully. In the event of an attachment exceeding 18MB please refer to the below section Large Attachments
Add from SEDNA
To add Attachments:
- Click on Add from SEDNA at the bottom of the compose message pane.
- Search for the attachment, or message, from the side panel. You can search by text, person, category tag, etc. The full power of SEDNA search is at your fingertips.
- Highlight the attachment, or message, to add to the message.
- Previews are available for supported file types (PDFs, images, and more coming soon!)
- At the bottom of the side panel, click add as attachment or add as link.
To add Messages as links:
- Click Add from SEDNA at the bottom of the compose message pane.
- Click on the Messages tab.
- Select the messages by clicking the + sign next to the message.
- Click Add as links to the message.
- Note: Currently, messages cannot be added as file attachments.
SEDNA will automatically convert large file attachments into shareable links. When adding attachments that exceed the 18MB threshold SEDNA will alert the user that the attachments will be converted to links. The user will then have the option to cancel and resize, or send as links.