SEDNA's Bucket feature allows users to track multiple searches at once and alert users when a new message has arrived. In doing so, Buckets give users the ability to find important messages in a hurry, and declutter a crowded Inbox.
- Take Inventory: At a glance, users can assess their inbox to get an immediate sense of where to focus their attention first.
- Take Action: With context, users can take action quickly and efficiently.
- Manage Scale: Users are able to take inventory and action without having to first navigate through large volumes of unrelated or irrelevant messages.
Each Bucket contains messages that share some similar value or characteristic relevant to you. Users can create their own Buckets to fit specific individual or team needs and tasks. In the future, some Buckets will be built into SEDNA, thus giving users a broad overview of the activity in their entire inbox at a glance.
Buckets appear in your List only when they’re relevant. Buckets are prioritized around new activity, meaning something new that has happened that you have not seen yet. When all content in a Bucket has been read by a user, the Bucket disappears from the list view. In the near future, you will be able to choose to be notified when any content is added to a Bucket.
Buckets are smart, customizable, and scalable.
Commonly Used Buckets
Below are some examples of common Bookmarks that are useful across different SEDNA searches:
- For anyone: “All Teams” + “in:Following” to track every new message that you have been tagged.
- For anyone: “Comment:<myname>” to stay on top of when someone has asked you for something via a comment
- For Charterers: “<First Name> or <Last Name> or <Initials> or <My Email>” to know if someone has sent a message specifically for you
- For Operator: “Not Has:Job” to know all the messages that are missing a Job Reference tag.
- For Team Leader: “Not Has:Job and Not Has:Category and Not Has:Person” to find all the messages without any type of a tag, suggesting maybe nobody is handling them.