Notifications are updates and information that notify a user when a Message has been tagged for their attention.
Users will be notified of all tagged Messages that arrive after notifications have been enabled for the Following in All Teams Bucket. For example, if notifications are enabled on June 17th at 9:00am, users will be alerted to all unread tagged messages that arrive after June 17th, 9:00am. Users will not receive notifications on messages they have been tagged in prior to that date and time.
- Desktop Notifications are currently supported on Chrome and Firefox only.
- If you are working within the app on your mobile device when a notification comes in, you will not receive a banner notification. You will only see the red number in the Following in All Teams bucket as shown below.
To receive SEDNA Notifications, browser notifications must be enabled.
Notifications can either be enabled through the Following in All Teams Bucket, or through the SEDNA User Dropdown Menu.
Enable Notifications using the Following in All Teams Bucket
1. Click the bell icon in the Following in All Teams Bucket
2. Click "Allow" to enable browser notifications from SEDNA.
Enable Browser Notifications using the Drop Down Menu
- Click the user initials in the top right of SEDNA.
- Scroll down and click Enable Notifications.
- Click "Allow" to enable browser notifications from SEDNA.
Enable Following in All Teams Bucket
To enable notifications a "Following in All Teams" Bucket must be enabled. The Following in All Teams bucket will provide a desktop notification whenever a tagged Message arrives into the bucket.
Note: Following in All Teams shows all Messages that have been tagged to the user across all teams they have access to.
- Create a Following in All Teams Bookmark
- Activate Following in All Teams Bucket
- Enable Notifications
Note: Notifications can also be enabled from the Message List as shown below:
If you are still not receiving notifications after setting them up in SEDNA, please refer to the appropriate browser article below to allow SEDNA to send notifications to the browser being used.
If you are experiencing issues with notifications on your Mac desktop and you are using Google Chrome:
- Click the Apple icon in the top left of your screen.
- Go to 'System Preferences' from the drop-down menu.
- Go to 'Notifications' and find Chrome.
- Ensure that 'Allow Notifications' is enabled and that all appropriate boxes are checked.
- Note that there will be 2 Chrome options as pictured above, so ensure that this process is done for both.