Recently, we announced a series of improvements to the Polaris release that will begin rolling out to SEDNA soon.
All of these improvements are based on feedback from teams of SEDNA users, and they will be launched incrementally over the next few weeks.
Here are some of the improvements we will be working on:
We will be introducing a higher-contrast Vibrant option for tags to increase their legibility. Vibrant will be the new default setting for tags, but you will be able to toggle between the current version of tags and Vibrant.
Updates to Important
We’ll be releasing settings that give you visibility into why a message appears in your Important tab, and greater control over which messages are surfaced there:
- Toggle between Important just for your Default Team, or for All Teams
- Include or exclude messages that don’t have tags or subscribers
Follow vs. Important Clarification
There will be improved visual cues to tell you (at-a-glance) which messages you are Following, and which messages you have marked Important.
View Your Inbox by Tag
We will be introducing a new way to see where the highest volume of messages are in your inbox, so that you can quickly dive into priority work.
Inbox Mode for Live and Saved Searches
This setting will make Live and Saved searches work more like your other inboxes, with messages staying shown until you archive them.
Unified Bulk Archive
The recently introduced “Archive Search Results” feature will be unified with Bulk Archive; you’ll still be able to archive all the results of a search, but now with the added options that come with the existing Bulk Archive feature (like archiving only those messages in the search that have a certain tag).
Adjustable Message Widths
Messages will fill the reading pane in SEDNA based on your browser’s window size, allowing you to read email faster on larger screens.
Tag Panel Improvements
- Reading long tags: We’ll be making some adjustments so that you can get more context when hovering over long tag names.
- Reducing accidental tag removal: We’ll be adjusting the button for removing a tag, and the one marking it Important, so that clicking the action you want to do is easier.
- Tag Suggestions: You’ll have improved readability for the suggested tags you are shown that is more aligned with how tag suggestions worked before Polaris.
See Who A Message Is Shared With
We’ll be improving our message share functionality so you can more easily tell which teams can see a message (without opening the Share button window).
See Who Sent the Message
We’ll be re-introducing a way to see sender initials in the message list for team members who do not include their names in their email address.
We'd like to thank you again for your feedback and support while we continue to build a SEDNA that saves the world a billion hours a day from time lost to email.
Article is closed for comments.