In this article, you will learn about SEDNA's feature Flexdocs. Flexdocs allows users to tag documents to an associated vessel giving everyone quick and easy access to the most current version of the file.
Note: A Document Type must be created to apply to an attachment. Please see instructions to do so here.
Tagging an Existing Attachment
You are able to tag an attachment that is sent to you so that other users can have quick access to this file in reference to the vessel.
- Click on the tag icon found in the attachment at the bottom of the screen.
- A new popup will appear above the attachment showing all available vessel tags that you can select, select the desired vessel.
- The popup will then show all the available document types that you can select. Select the type that matches the document that is being tagged.
- Once you have selected the document you wish to work with, you can set an expiration date for the attachment. This can be useful for certificates or contracts that have an expiry date. Once satisfied, click the “Tag Document” button.
- Once completed, you will see a green circle when you view the attachment, signifying it has been tagged.
Adding a Tagged Attachment to a New Message
When composing a new message in SEDNA, you are able to access attachments that match the tagged vessel in the message.
- When you are composing a new message, if the message has a vessel tagged with attachments associated you can easily access them.
- Click on the Flexdocs button at the bottom of the message then select the desired tag (The tag must be first set for the message)
- After clicking on the desired tag you will see all attachments that are related to the right of the message body.
- You can then add the desired attachments by hovering over the attachment and clicking the plus icon.