There are several ways to add attachments and email files when composing a Message or Note. You can also download attachments or email files to your local desktop.
To learn about adding files to Notes, visit the article here.
To summarise your options:
- Clicking “Add from SEDNA” gives access to the full power of Sedna search. This allows you to attach any documents you have access to in Sedna. You can search by text, subject line, to/from and Sedna data such as Category and Job Tags. You can also attach existing messages as attachments or links.
- Clicking “Attach File” allows you to upload documents directly from your computer or mobile device.
- "Drag & Drop" allows you to quickly select, drag and drop attachments or email files (.eml) to an open composer or your desktop. This is not available on mobile
- "Flexdocs" allows you to add documents with relevant tags to a message. For information on Flexdocs, visit the article here.
- Maximum file size: Message size including file attachments is limited to 18MB in Compose to ensure the Message will not exceed 20MB and thus send successfully. In the event of an attachment exceeding 18MB please refer to the below section Large Attachments
- Supported file types for Previews: PDF, EML, JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, XLSX, DOC, PPT and TIF (only on Safari as Chrome and Firefox don't support TIF)
Option 1: Add From SEDNA
- Select Add From SEDNA.
- Search for the attachment or message in the corresponding tab in the side panel. You can search by text, person, category tag, etc.
- For Attachments: Select the attachment by clicking the + sign next to the attachment. Then, at the bottom of the side panel, click "Add as attachment" or "Add as link".
- For Messages: Select the attachment by clicking the + sign next to it. Then, at the bottom of the side panel, click "Add as attachment" or "Add as link".
Sedna allows you to Preview message content in a separate, adjustable window as shown below.
Option 2: Attach File
- Click Attach File.
- Select the file from your device that you wish to attach and click Open.
- Once the attached file has loaded, it will appear at the bottom of the Composer under the previously used Attach File icons.
Option 3: Drag & Drop
You can quickly Drag & Drop attachments or email files (.eml) to an open composer or your desktop. Simply select one or more messages or attachments then drag them to a composer to attach them - or drag them to your desktop to download them.
There are several useful actions you can take with this function.
Add one or more email files (.eml) to an open Composer, attaching them to the draft:
Drag one or more attachments from a Sedna email to an open Composer, attaching them to the draft:
Drag one or more attachments from a Sedna email to your local desktop, downloading them to your device:
Drag one or more emails from a Sedna email to your local desktop, downloading them to your device as .eml files:
- Important Note: In order to drag email files (.eml) from Sedna to your local device, you must have the IT Support User Role or the Message Export User Role.
When you drop an attachment into an open composer it will intelligently show available actions based on the type of file you’re adding - whether you’re able to add it in-line with the body text or add as an attachment.
Only image files can be added in-line to the email body, but they can also be added as attachments. If you attempted to attach a PDF, for example, it would only show the option to Add as attachment.
FAQ: Drag & Drop
|Can I Drag & Drop attachments from Sedna to another application?
No. At this time you can only Drag & Drop attachments or email files to your your local desktop or file folder.
|How many attachments or email files can I Drag & Drop at a time?
|Can you Drag & Drop Drafts or Notes?
|No. If you attempt to attach a Draft or Note, you will get a clear error message.
|Which file types can I drop in-line to an open email draft?
|Only image files are supported to be added in-line to the email body.
|How can I choose where I want my image file to be dropped in-line?
|If you choose to drop a image in-line in the message body, it will land at the last cursor position. This means if you want to drop an image in a certain position, click on the area you want the image to be placed before dragging and dropping the image in-line. Alternatively, drop your image and click again to move it to the desired position.
|Why can't I Drag & Drop messages to my desktop for download?
|In order to drag email files (.eml) from Sedna to your local device, you must have the IT Support User Role or the Message Export User Role.
|Can you Drag & Drop a message file (.eml) as a link into a Draft?
|No. This is not currently supported.
|How do you Drag & Drop more than one message or attachment?
|Hold shift and click the messages or attachments you would like to select, then simply Drag & Drop to move them all at once.
Sedna will automatically convert large file attachments into shareable links. When adding attachments that exceed the 18MB threshold, Sedna will alert the user that the attachments will be converted to links. The user will then have the option to cancel and resize, or send as links.