Gain complete control over how you collaborate on messages. Share messages, comments, notes and saved searches with individuals or teams. Allow your extended team outside SEDNA to comment on messages just like your teams inside SEDNA do - reducing email volume along the way.
Share A Message
To share an individual message, select the Share icon from the top of the message.
You will then have the option to Share with either a Team or Solo Inbox thus not creating an unneeded forwarded message, or Share to a Collaborator.
You can also Share messages through @mentions in Comments. When mentioning anyone that doesn’t already have access to the message SEDNA will prompt you to confirm which of their teams SEDNA should share the message to.
Messages sent from SEDNA to another of your Teams are automatically Shared on Send.
Show shared teams in toolbar
An optional setting allows you to show the initials for inboxes that have access to a message already. Hover over these initials to see the name of the inbox that has access, or click the initial to open the Share modal.
To enable or disable Share initials:
- Click your name in the bottom left corner
- Click "Settings"
- Tick "Show shared teams in toolbar" to enable Share initials
Share with Collaborators
SEDNA allows you to share messages with external collaborators that are not SEDNA users. This provides the opportunity for external parties to view and add comments on messages within SEDNA.
Note: collaborators will only see comments or messages that internal SEDNA users have expressly agreed to share with them. See below for more details.
- In the message that you wish to share, click the share icon located above the message on the right, next to the message ID.
- In the pop up, review which users and teams already have visibility for the message and search for the collaborator that you would like to share the message with. Alternatively, type the email address you would like to share the message with.
- Click on the collaborator you would like to add, or X if you no longer wish to share the message. Once the message has been successfully shared, the name or email address of the collaborator will show as Added.
- Enter a comment for the collaborator (required).
- Click Share Message
Activity Panel and Collaborators
Once a collaborator has been added to a message, they will be able to view that message in their SEDNA collaboration space, and add comments through the Activity Panel. They will also be able to view any comments that have been shared with them in the Activity Panel.
- If a message has been shared with a collaborator, new comments made on the message by SEDNA users will show the “Send externally” confirmation box.
- If the “Send externally” box is checked, the new comment added by the SEDNA user will be visible to collaborators with access to the message.
- If the “Send externally” box is left unchecked, only SEDNA users with access to the message will see the new comment.
The Activity Panel will indicate which, if any, users that have left a comment are external parties (collaborators).