How to get a version number of your Browser
Our support team may require you to submit the specific version number of your browser as this can be invaluable as part of the troubleshooting process. Here are some steps to help you find this information.
- Launch Chrome.
- Click on the 3 Vertical Dots in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Scroll down to and Hover over the Help option, then click on About Google Chrome in the new menu that opens.
- A new window appears that provides information about the browser. The version is located below the browser name.
- Click the three dots at the top of your browser window. Hover on the "Help and Feedback" option from the menu.
- Click on the "About Microsoft Edge" option.
- The version will be displayed in the pop-up window.
How To update browser version:
Normally updates happen in the background when you close and reopen your computer's browser. But if you haven't closed your browser in a while, you might see a pending update.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click Help About Google Chrome.
- Click Update Google Chrome.
- Important: If you can't find this button, you're on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
The browser saves your opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically when it restarts. Your Incognito windows won't reopen when Chrome restarts. If you'd prefer not to restart right away, click Not now. The next time you restart your browser, the update will be applied.
In the browser, go to Settings and more > Help and feedback > About Microsoft Edge (edge://settings/help).
If the About page shows Microsoft Edge is up to date., you don't need to do anything.
If the About page shows An update is available. Select Download and install to proceed. Network charges may apply., select Download and install. Microsoft Edge will download the update an apply it the next time you restart Microsoft Edge. Note that if you're on cellular network, downloading the update may incur charges.
If the About page shows To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge., select Restart. The update is already downloaded and all you need to do is restart the browser for it to be applied.