Comments allow you and your team to talk around a message, and share context without having to send a separate message, or leave your inbox.
The Activity Panel of the Context Panel displays comments made on each message.
A red "Comment" icon on a message tile indicates that a message has a comment you have not read yet. The grey "Comment" icon indicates that all comments on the message have been read by you already.
Users can tag their colleagues in a comment on messages using the @mentions feature in the Context Panel.
Tagging a colleague in a comment automatically applies their Follower token to the message. This will cause the message to appear in your colleague's Important and Following tabs.
If users have their notifications enabled, they will receive a notification when they have been tagged using @mentions on a message. For more information on how to set up notifications, see the Notifications article here.
Note: @mentions will only work if the user mentioned has access to the message through their teams. When you begin typing '@', you will only see members of the team you're currently in.
- Click on the message you wish to tag.
- Expand the panel on the right side of the message.
- Click into the Activity Panel.
- Begin typing your comment in the comment box. When you are ready to tag a colleague, type @name. For example, if you chose to tag John Doe in the message, type @johndoe. Hit enter when you are done and the message will show your comment, and the action of tagging your colleague.
Share with @Mentions
When @mentioning someone in your organisation who does not have access to the message you are commenting on, you will be prompted by SEDNA to Share the message to one of that person's inboxes.
Messages sent from SEDNA to another of your Teams are automatically Shared on Send.
SEDNA allows you to share messages with external collaborators that are not SEDNA users. This provides the opportunity for external parties to view and add comments on messages within SEDNA.
Note: collaborators will only see comments or messages that internal SEDNA users have expressly agreed to share with them. See below for more details.
- In the message that you wish to share, click the share icon located above the message on the right, next to the message ID.
- In the pop up, review which users and teams already have visibility for the message and search for the collaborator that you would like to share the message with. Alternatively, type the email address you would like to share the message with.
- Click on the collaborator you would like to add, or X if you no longer wish to share the message. Once the message has been successfully shared, the name or email address of the collaborator will show as Added.
- Enter a comment for the collaborator (required).
- Click Share Message
Activity Panel and Collaborators
Once a collaborator has been added to a message, they will be able to view that message in their SEDNA collaboration space, and add comments through the Activity Panel. They will also be able to view any comments that have been shared with them in the Activity Panel.
- If a message has been shared with a collaborator, new comments made on the message by SEDNA users will show the “Send externally” confirmation box.
- If the “Send externally” box is checked, the new comment added by the SEDNA user will be visible to collaborators with access to the message.
- If the “Send externally” box is left unchecked, only SEDNA users with access to the message will see the new comment.
The Activity Panel will indicate which, if any, users that have left a comment are external parties (collaborators).
Article is closed for comments.