In this article, we will show you how teams can make the most of the Important tab to better manage their emails, never miss Important emails and prioritize their work.
With the Important feature, you can create a focused view by routing all Important emails to a dedicated tab via four triggers.
We allow for these settings to be changed both at a Team level and at a User level. Our recommendation is to make changes at a Team level as the Important settings should be defined by rules set within the User's default Team to ensure consistency. Changing them to a User will override a User’s default Team settings.
Refer to this video for an in-depth explanation of Important Settings:
Add and keep Important rules for Individuals
Since launching Important, we've been working with our customers to configure Important rules at an individual user level - allowing you to confirm with the rules for each individual before changing them. To keep existing user rules, you don’t have to do anything.
To add review Individual user rules, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Users > User name > Important rules
- Enable “Create Important rules for this user” and change Important rules as required. This overrides team Important rules
- Click save and the new rules will be applied immediately
Standardize Important rules for your team
If you’d like to standardize rules across all team members and override Individual rules, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Team and Solo Inboxes > Team name > Important rules
- Change team Important rules as required
- Tick “Also reset all user-level overrides for this team” will delete individual user rules. You can also choose to apply rules to a team while keeping Individual user rules
- Click save, with the option ticked and a pop-up will ask you to confirm that you’re resetting user-level overrides with Team rules. Click continue to proceed and apply the Team rules.
- If the option is left unticked then click save and your changes will be applied immediately without overriding the individual Important rules
1. Team Settings for Messages
The Important tab will show messages from your default Team. Turn this setting on to gain a wider view of communication across your Organization and see what's Important across all the Inboxes you have access to.
2. Settings for Job Tags
Some teams and Organizations may be very vigilant about catching Messages that weren't auto-tagged. To ensure you do not miss Messages with or without Job Tags we recommend checking within your Organization and Team on what the right setting is for you.
3. Settings for Contacts
This Contact setting is useful for Users such as Brokers, whose work is focused on the context around their contacts and messages from VIP contacts.