The Delayed Send feature, when enabled, means there is a delay for when a message is actually sent after you click "Send" - rather than sending immediately. The number of minutes delayed can be set by default to your teams. We cannot set delays for less than a minute, valid values range from 1 to 10 minutes. Once the time frame runs out, it will be sent unless you or a team member cancel it manually.
Note: This feature is enabled by our Support Team with approval from your IT Team or authorized Sedna contact. This setting can apply to Teams or those Users with Solo Inboxes. This cannot be set at the User Level
There are two ways to recall a message after clicking "Send" so that it isn't sent:
- Cancel Send
- Undo Send
- Click into the search panel and select the scheduled message icon. Note: ensure you are creating the search in the right team. To avoid missing a message, select All Teams from the team options. You can also go to the inbox of any specific team, or applicable Saved Searches to see scheduled messages.
- Click into the message. The scheduled time the message is intended to send will show at top of the message window.
- Select Send Now to immediate send the message, or Cancel to revert the message back to a draft. The activity panel shows which user set the message to "Send", which user clicked "Send Now" and which user cancelled the message.
Note: This message can be cancelled or "sent" by anyone that has access to the team.
If you decide that you don't want to send an email, you have a short time after to Undo Send without needing to find the scheduled message in your inbox, saving you time. Straight after you've sent a message, you can Undo Send from within the notification:
- In the bottom centre of the screen, you'll see 'Message scheduled to send' notification and the option to 'Undo'.
- Click Undo.
- You will return back to the Compose screen for this message's draft
Note : If you do not have Delayed Send configured, you will not have the ability to Undo Send or Cancel Send.